We are looking for a dynamic, multi-skilled video journalist to join our seasoned reporter to travel across North Carolina and tell stories of interesting people and places.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Feb 17, 2023
Are you a passionate, energetic photojournalist who loves to edit as much as shoot? Are you able to juggle multiple stories and projects, while paying attention to details, and adding creative, meaningful visual flair? Do you crave being part of a team that shares ideas and creative vision in the creation of unique journalism?
We are looking for a dynamic, multi-skilled video journalist to join our seasoned reporter to travel across North Carolina and tell stories of interesting people and places. The team is also responsible for multiple special programs throughout the year. If you are a visual storyteller who takes pride in your process and your product, relishes feedback, and wants to grow and tackle new challenges, please apply!
This full-time position requires sound judgment, a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility in work schedules and assignments. Commitment to excellence is a must. This person must be able to travel on assignments and possess a wide range of technical skills, including expert editing and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly. Meshing with this standout team is as important as your skills.
- Five years of news photography and non-linear editing experience required.
- Specialty editing and drone operation skills are preferred.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment.
- Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions.