We are looking for a leader of our sign and arts shop to join the Studio Operations team. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the sign and graphics department to support both our internal and external productions within the broader Atlanta metro region.
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 14, 2023
We are looking for a leader of our sign and arts shop to join the Studio Operations team.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the sign and graphics department to support both our internal and external productions within the broader Atlanta metro region. You’ll provide oversight of an extensive service portfolio while managing a team to support production logistics, asset (physical and digital) creation, and billing. You will also work closely with Los Angeles based team members to help build and manage key SOP’s, system technologies, and standards across the departments.
You will need to be a seasoned production professional able to operate at multiple levels and bring in a forward-thinking operations expertise.
What You’ll Do...
- Provide customer service including heavy phone and e-mail support to schedule projects in an extremely fast paced environment. Guide customers quickly to helpful and profitable solutions. Consistently further the brand and business through each interaction. Always ask questions and listen to customer feedback
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the shop and team by prioritizing the jobs, project managing the schedules for each job, providing timely and accurate estimates, and ensuring all consumables for the operation are secured using a cost-effective and diverse set of vendors. Daily work on interpreting and processing digital files for sign production. Breaking down each element for production
- Involved in all aspects of sign & graphics production including digital printing, vinyl work, routing, and overall sign fabrication
- Responsible for product development and collaboration in business planning. Involved in the initial business plan of the shop. Understand and watch the financials of the business and seek profit-making and service endeavors
- Evaluate and pick all graphics equipment and processes, including Capital Budget preparation, Return on Investment reports, and business case studies
- Work with EHS and safety team to provide a safe and compliant working environment. Tracking equipment purchases and repairs.
- Enforce a standard by delivering on our promises. Constantly finding methods to make every product line the best quality, the first time
- Create new, efficient production processes. Be innovative and look for new opportunities.
- Always keep abreast of current entertainment news, and artistic trends in the market.
Let’s Talk About You…
- Customer Service Champion- No request is too big or too small, you put customers and our people first
- Passion for Production- You understand and care about high-end content production and how our businesses fit into the overarching process
- Growth leader- You are a proven leader known to challenge the status quo, introduce new and better ways of delivering results, and make difficult decisions and lead through change
- Analytical expert- You create tools and processes quickly and accurately to provide job estimates for clients leveraging deep industry experience, historical trends, team expertise, and vendor relationships
- Flawless executer- You get things done! Using strong business acumen, organizational and superior process/project management skills, you prioritize and execute numerous complex projects in parallel
- Trendsetter- You understand market shifts as demand changes and how to respond quickly with the right assets at the right time
- Tech-savvy- You are an MS Office whiz and can take on graphic design software and file-formatting with ease
What You Must Have…
- BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5+ years of experience with image and PDF editing (Advanced working skills with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, SAi EnRoute, Cutting Master, Preflight, Omega, etc.)
- 5+ years working in Large Format Graphics Department. Advanced working experience with ONYX & Versaworks RIPs, Adobe Acrobat, Color ICC Profiling, color matching, print & cut solutions, Sai EnRoute, and Epilog laser cutting software.
- 5+ years of experience with JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD, EPS, AI, INDD, PDF, SVG, RAW, raster & vector work, font formats & typesetting, and file transfer
- 5+ years of experience providing graphic design and file manipulation/correction services
- 4+ years of experience with color Management software and spectrophotometer use, including the creation and adjusting of digital color profiles. Profiling of new materials for different ink sets and consistency
- 5+ years of experience scanning, tiling, and image re-touching experience.
- Proven experience with CNC router, laser cutting, and engraving. Vinyl cutting. Print and cut applications
- 4+ years of experience supporting extensive maintenance and troubleshooting of printers and machines with ink knowledge and the ability to operate every piece of equipment in the shop
What Would Make You a Stand-out:
- Experience working with TV and Film production creatives