Halon Entertainment is looking for talented and enthusiastic Senior Riggers To create and maintain rigs for the animation teams.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 23, 2022
Develop new and innovative workflows and pipelines to make the rigging process more efficient. Work with the animation, modeling and production team to produce high quality rigs that can be used in production and are delivered in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with artists and coordinators from other departments to sync on needs.
- Work with the production engineering team to scale tools to company wide tools. Related to rigging and animation.
- Create and supervise the creation of rigs.
- Maintain rigs for multiple characters, props or vehicles.
- Ensure end-user documentation is updated with new changes.
- Enforces and contributes to best practices.
- Create and maintain rigs and technology that generate the rigs.
- Stabilizes emerging technology and techniques.
- Innovates measurable improvements to artist technology and workflows
- Helps others debug their work.
- Reach out to team members to help them achieve their goals.
- Lead the transfer of animation between software packages.
Organize your own daily work and participate in sprint planning, retrospective and planning sessions.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Maya.
- Strong knowledge of Python (PyMel, OpenMaya).
- Strong knowledge of Rigging for Maya, UE4/UE5.
- Deep Applied knowledge of Anatomy.
- Expert competence when breaking down and troubleshooting, internal and 3rd party rigs.
- Able fix some issues in a rig and make changes.
- Understanding of model requirements for rigging and being able to communicate rigging needs to modelers.
- Understands the limitations of UE4/UE5 when designing a rig.
- Knowledge of methods for transferring animation between software packages.
- Passionate about the film industry.