The candidate would be responsible for coordinating with the Virtual Production Supervisor to fulfill the day to day requests from onset Creatives and help manage the health of the project on the show.
This position would be a part of the Engine operations team on set. The candidate would be responsible for coordinating with the Virtual Production Supervisor to fulfill the day to day requests from onset Creatives and help manage the health of the project on the show. These projects are often a 3D Unreal Engine based ICVFX solution, but at times can be a 2D playback engine like Pixera or Disguise or a hybrid 2.5D solution in Unreal or NotchFX.
● Set up Unreal Engine for volume work, including nDisplay, mesh creation and composure.
● Work with various VAD vendors to make sure their deliveries are set up correctly and efficiently.
● Operate, in conjunction with other members of the Engine Operations team, the rendering system on set.
● Respond to requests from on-set creatives to adjust the assets and world being displayed and inform other members in the team of the changes that need to be made.
● Ingest the various Unreal engine and 2D assets for the execution of an in-camera VFX shooting environment.
● Lead the Unreal Engine system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting, and work in pre-production to identify any custom code or custom blueprints that need to be created.
● Work with the Mocap Supervisor to ensure quality real-time tracking data and the integrity of all captured data.
● Work with the Virtual Production Supervisor to define priorities and maintain the quality and integrity of all digital assets and tools.
● Work with all departments to establish on set workflow and ensure that all relevant stakeholders have access to GUI interfaces relevant to their on set responsibilities as needed.
● To note all requests coming from Production and Creatives to help maintain continuity and priorities.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Must have experience in a virtual production environment.
● VAD experience is a plus.
● Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
● Must be highly computer literate.
● Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
● Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
● Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
● Must be proficient with Unreal Engine
o Must be familiar with Unreal Blueprints
o Knowledge of nDisplay, Composure, Take Recorder, Livelink required
● Knowledge of Pixera or Disguise preferred
● Knowledge of 2D video workflows and video codecs
● Knowledge of Perforce.
● Familiarity with motion capture systems.
● Knowledge of physical lighting protocols such as DMX, artnet and sACN preferred.
● Familiarity with ACES/OCIO a plus.
● Experience working on set in live television and film.
● Knowledge of C++ and Python a plus.