Work with R/D team to build pipeline solutions, tools and interfaces to support production workflows
This role will require the employee to work closely with the on-set team of Supervisors, TDs & Operators. This role will specifically assist the CTO and R/D teams with advanced R/D exploration, execution, and development. This role is responsible for reporting to the VP of Rendering and R/D and assisting them with the building, testing and integration of tools and interfaces to support our client.
● Work with R/D team to build pipeline solutions, tools and interfaces to support production workflows
● Prepare the various UE levels for the execution of an in-camera VFX shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor.
● Oversee the UE system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting, and work in pre-production to identify any custom code or custom blueprints that need to be created.
● Work with the Virtual Camera Supervisor to ensure quality real-time tracking data and the integrity of all captured data.
● Work with R/D team to build tools and interfaces to support production workflows
● Work with the VAD or VFX team to ensure the quality and integrity of all digital assets.
● Work with Production and the Virtual Production TD to define, build, and maintain a color pipeline for the on-set system that conforms to the needs of Production.
● Work with all departments to establish on set workflow and ensure that all relevant stakeholders have access to GUI interfaces relevant to their on-set responsibilities as needed.
● Work alongside our research and development team to spearhead new developments in display, rendering, hardware and software ventures.
● Other related duties as assigned.
● Must be highly computer literate with Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems.
● Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
● Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
● Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
● Must be familiar with ACES/OCIO.
● Must be highly proficient with Unreal Engine.
● Must be familiar with Unreal Blueprint.
● Knowledge of C++ and Python preferred.
● Familiarity with version control preferred (IE Perforce).
● Knowledge of physical lighting protocols such as DMX, artnet and sACN preferred.
● Experience working in live television and film a plus.
● As needed, may be needed to support on-set productions.