The Production Resource Manager is responsible for managing, scheduling and forecasting the staffing needs of our client in collaboration with department Directors.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 28, 2022
Must keep a global view of staffing across the organization
- Work with the our Virtual Production Producers and Virtual Production Managers to generate an accurate estimate of the stage or on-set labor based on a thorough plan for the project in question; advise on sourcing talent to effectively execute our Virtual Production projects.
- Work closely with department directors on global staffing and scheduling.
- Attend sales and production meetings to understand and forecast hiring needs.
- Work closely with department directors to understand employee skills, desires and ability to cover multiple disciplines and staff accordingly.
- Manage staff with regards to project schedules and vacation.
- Work with recruiting to develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Coordinate employee reviews with department directors.
- Coordinate project based reviews via performance management system.
- Coordinate project post mortems.
- Develop initiatives to continuously improve and advance the department and staff.
- Maintain a list of freelancers.
- Work with department directors to define career paths and requirements and skills for career development.
- Assist with and approve expense reports.
- Occasional travel to set and/or client meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience in production management.
- Experience with successful on-set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
- Track record of successfully delivering high-quality data in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record in leadership and mentorship.
- Strong comprehension of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
- Experience in a visual effects and shot production pipeline.
- Must be highly computer literate with Mac and Windows as well as GSuite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating our Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.