We are looking for a Part-Time Production Assistant to join our team! Operate all studio equipment which includes studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Pittsburgh Area
May 30, 2023
We are looking for a Part-Time Production Assistant to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Operate studio camera for live and non-live news and talk show programs.
- Operate audio board for live on location news and non-news programs.
- Operate all studio equipment which includes studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter.
- Assist production manager with studio lighting, including the use of ladder, fixtures and lamps.
- Produce episodic promos for the creative services department.
75% Studio Camera & Prompter Operation:
- Review show rundowns 30 minutes before show.
- Review studio lighting 30 minutes before show to ensure fixtures are working.
- Assist with pre-recording of all news preproduction before live broadcast.
- Execute live news broadcast in a clean manner.
- Pre-record news and promotion topicals in between newscast.
- Pre-record morning sports and reporter standups for next day.
- Run studio camera and prompter for both live and non-live events
25% Audio Operator:
- Check all wireless mics and ifb’s 30 minutes before broadcast.
- Check all wireless mics and ifb’s for battery strength 30 minutes before broadcast.
- Review rundown 30 minutes before show.
- Mic checks by all studio talent and live shots before hitting air.
- Review of all equipment after show ensuring safe return to audio booth.
- Edit episodic promos for promotions department.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Experience: 1-2 years previous studio camera production desired.
- Photoshop & lighting experience a plus. Physical Demands
- Must Be able to lift 50 lbs. and climb a ladder for studio lighting.
- High School Degree or GD required. College Degree a plus.