We are seeking an Opinion Editor to help promote critical thinking among the citizens of North Carolina. This person will develop, write, and manage content expressing the opinions and positions of our company on issues of public policy.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Apr 24, 2023
The Opinion Editor will work closely with our corporate officers to select timely topics on engaging issues. This person will take overall responsibility for the planning, gathering, writing and compiling of daily editorial content across multiple platforms.
- Collect, organize, and present editorials, columns, cartoons, and other content as assigned for the Opinion webpage.
- Collaborate and develop the creative vision for how best to tell these stories including design, photos, graphics, audio, and video.
- Find fresh angles into the stories about which North Carolinians are most curious.
- Generate content for social media channels.
- Set up and coordinate interviews.
- Solicit and manage third-party content.
- Provide occasional research assistance for the Opinion Editor.
- Minimum five (5) years of media or public policy experience is required.
- The Opinion Editor should be an experienced writer with broad expertise analyzing public policy and critical issues.
- Previous editorial and/or commentary writing experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of North Carolina state government and the state’s legislative process preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of web content management software required.
- Video production experience preferred.
- Work samples are required. Please include a link to your work with your application.