We are looking for a News Writer who creates clear, concise, and easy to understand stories with value clearly conveyed for our newscasts.
Greater Boston Area
May 16, 2023
We are looking for a News Writer who creates clear, concise, and easy to understand stories with value clearly conveyed for our newscasts. Writers use process language in scripts with a focus on the latest information available to avoid newscasts and stories feeling repetitive or old.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Write stories in all formats, conveying the value in the lead line or first ten seconds of the script.
- Regularly showcase and execute process language.
- Coordinate with producers on assigned scripts to execute the direction and vision of each story.
- Maximize use of graphics and pre-production to make the newscast clear and easy to understand.
- Consistently integrate references/pushes to our digital and social media platforms.
- Work with production team to ensure that ideas can be executed with robotic cameras and control room automation system.
- Use all resources possible to get the newest and best information into stories.
- Contribute story ideas.
- Attend editorial meetings if they fall within your regular shift and as time allows.
- Learn to produce newscasts and fill-in produce as needed.
- Available to have a flexible schedule, that allows to fill in, as needed, with advance notice.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Previous work in a television newsroom, newspaper, or digital publishing organization preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects