NEP GROUP: We have an exciting opportunity for an e-sports graphics operator, working onsite as part of the NEP team at Riot Games’ International Broadcast centre in Dublin.
As a key member of the production team, you will prepare and execute on-air graphics across a portfolio of Riot Games remote productions, working as part of a high performing team in a highly collaborative environment.
You will need to be a clear and confident communicator, able to adapt quickly to on-air changes & remain calm under pressure. Your aim will be to ensure a quality visual presentation that informs and inspires viewers and audiences from all around the world.
During a production you will bring a knowledge of e-sports to ensure relevant graphics & assets are displayed correctly & at the right time. This will involve selecting and animating editorially relevant graphics (such as in game overlays, lower thirds, scoring etc) using a graphics system built around Viz ecosystem.
Before each production, you will work with the editorial team to prepare graphics elements ensuring all assets are checked for accuracy. You may also be required to oversee and provide training to full-time and freelance staff on operational processes and procedures.
The position may require international travel on occasion.
- You will spend much of your time in the production gallery, being accountable for timely preparation, selection and execution of on air broadcast graphics.
- During production, you will support the editorial team, using initiative to preempt offer relevant graphics at the correct time.
- In advance of production, you will prepare and organise all assets ready for live broadcast.
- You will support the creative development of broadcast graphics to advance the production values of the various productions within the Riot Games portfolio.
- You will be required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends and evenings.
- You will be able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. You must also be able to articulate the source of problems in defective equipment reports.
- You will demonstrate an appetite to continually develop and stay abreast of new and emerging broadcast technologies, and the processes involved in supporting their deployment.
- Experience operating within Viz ecosystem or with relevant live graphics software or;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of e-sports.
- Highly motivated and have a strong desire to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative e-sports gaming environment
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of creative graphic design including after effects and other graphics creation / editing systems
- An attention to detail, including the ability to accurately manage multiple streams of information simultaneously.
- Prior experience working within a broadcast environment and/or working with broadcast graphics technology would be beneficial
- An ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and under tight deadlines, while remaining calm in high pressure situations.
- Logical thought processes; Ability to use initiative; meticulous attention to detail; pro-active and flexible attitude.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.