NEP GROUP: Our Director will lead a team of passionate, energetic, and committed production crews to create compelling storytelling across live sports productions.
This position requires an experienced Director that has live event directing experience, along with demonstrated experience developing and leading teams. They must always exhibit professionalism, authority, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, mentorship and consistently responsible behaviour.
Working closely with NEP client management teams, you will be expected to provide senior overall management of day-to-day production operations across multiple client contracts, implementing a creative vision, while troubleshooting, making critical decisions, and acting as a creative and production leader for the production.
This position will be based between both NEP and client locations in Ireland. Additionally, applicants should be willing and prepared to travel internationally as required.
What you will do:
- The Director will collaborate with various stakeholders to develop and sculpt show ideas, show segments, promotional pieces, marketing initiatives and special projects; planning execution logistics and pursuing ways to enhance and improve the production value of assigned projects or shows.
- They shall convey editorial and technical direction to crew, talent, and others as needed to build and accurately execute a clean show.
- Conduct pre-event camera meetings remotely or in-person.
- Responsibilities shall include multi camera studio and outside broadcast direction, including rundown creation, graphics and EVS playback, camera blocking and framing, as well as audio, lighting and talent cues.
- Provide creative vision for existing and new clients, devoting time and effort into developing relationships, while leading day to day engagement with key client stakeholders.
- Work with management to lead production teams, production crew development and team building.
- 5+ years directing live multi-camera production.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience.
- Degree in Communications or Broadcasting related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of production/broadcast environment.
- Passion for Sport
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge of all traditional control room, studio and field production systems with the ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve most operations issues to minimize production impact
- Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.