We are looking for a digital content producer with exceptional storytelling, strong project and time management and effective communication skills to craft content that engages audiences across digital platforms and drives traffic to our website.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
May 16, 2023
We are looking for a digital content producer with exceptional storytelling, strong project and time management and effective communication skills to craft content that engages audiences across digital platforms and drives traffic to our website. If you are curious, enjoy experimenting with digital content production and marketing strategies that will move the needle towards organizational goals, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
The Audience Engagement Producer will report to our Digital’s marketing team and collaborate with the digital content team to develop, report, curate and produce content that helps our neighbors live and thrive in central North Carolina. Content strategy will be driven by audience data and focus on topics outside of the daily news cycle that demonstrate our focus on community.
The Producer will develop story ideas based on a deep, ongoing understanding of our audience needs, search and usability data, and will use distribution strategies to attract, convert and retain audiences to our core digital products via search, email, social media and more.
The right candidate has experience in both journalism and digital marketing, with the ability to both execute and teach best practices. While they will spend most of their time producing content for the website, this person will also spend time producing our morning newsletter.
- Produce content for our website and execute a distribution plan that attracts new audiences off-site and engages existing audiences.
- Create visual assets as needed for content distribution, both on site and off.
- Monitor performance and analyze data around content campaigns and make recommendations on relevant strategies and techniques that will improve results.
- Create and share monthly performance recaps on campaigns to internal staff that contextualize data and highlight best practices and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Use project management and scheduling tools to manage, activate and measure results for multiple content campaigns simultaneously.
- Identify opportunities to optimize existing content and keep content refreshed annually to improve effectiveness.
- Develop, communicate and train content producers on content marketing standards to help maintain consistency and convey best practices that should be applied more broadly.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on content optimization for SEO, plus promotional and engagement strategies that will maximize performance and reach of content campaigns.
- Seek new tactics to grow digital audiences outside of current strategies.
- At least four years' experience in journalism and/or digital marketing.
- Experienced with reporting and curating content – both in person and via online research.
- A self-starter who can take data and trends and use that info to generate a content strategy across platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery of AP style and ability to write conversationally.
- Deadline driven and process oriented with an ability to seamlessly manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Motivated by experimenting, iterating and adapting to drive efficiencies and desired results.
- Professional experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, email marketing tools, basic HTML and Microsoft Office suite.
- Bonus points for familiarity with Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Fayetteville and surrounding areas.
- Bachelor's degree and pre-employment drug screening are required.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Role is based on-site in Raleigh, NC.
- Applicants are required to submit work samples and leading candidates will be asked to produce content on spec.