We are looking to hire a full-time Content Center Producer to join our newly formed Content Center team.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves to gather content and see it through from online and on-air, to social distribution. The applicant needs to have good communication skills, work well with newsroom staff and have technical knowledge of news gathering. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgement, possess strong organizational skills and be digitally savvy. You must be able to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines, be aggressive on breaking news and be self-motivated.
A content center producer is responsible for logistics working directly with reporters, photographers, producers, managers and the fellow content center producers to cover the news of the day, as well as generate enterprise stories. Planning and the ability to look ahead and anticipate coverage is a must.
The ideal candidate MUST possess a sense of urgency, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and news judgment. This person will monitor police/fire scanners for multiple counties; field phone calls, monitor emails and scan multiple branded social media accounts for news tips from the public. You will dispatch crews to cover content for our digital, radio and television platforms.
A content center producer is a skilled writer and an expert in the field of social media. They operate as an integral member of the content center team, and one of their primary responsibilities is to drive results to help us meet analytics-based goals and convert digital users into television viewers.
Schedule may include nights, weekends and holidays, and overnights.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be responsible gathering stories and working with your manager to determine the best platform to share those stories.
- You will write web content, handle crew logistics, working directly with reporters, photographers, producers and other newsroom managers to stay on top of the news of the day.
- Because Pittsburgh is a hub for major news events, you will work with local partners and other media organizations across the country.
- You must have working knowledge of live trucks, LiveU, and other broadcast feed paths.
- You are responsible for monitoring content resources like station email, phones, scanners, social media and handling logistics for field crews.
- You will need to see the big picture and understand the significance of editorial content.
What We Look For
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- At least 1-year of newsroom experience
- BA or equivalent professional experience
- Strong understanding of AP-style writing
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Pittsburgh market/tri-state region is a plus
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time, standing, bending, moderate lifting of 25 lbs. may be required