Halon is seeking a talented Software Engineer to create tools for the latest and greatest movie production and in-camera VFX.
We are currently looking for someone who is going to help us in creating software that is maintainable, extensible, and who can work alongside their peers in building systems. This is a role that will work really well for someone wanting to grow their knowledge, have an interest in building tools and making things more efficient. We are working with UE4 and Python, so those will be the core technologies.
- Identifies own dependencies and problems
- Provides task breakdown planning, dependencies and time estimates
- Coordinates work with peers
- Understand requirements and authors technical designs
- Review non-critical code, offer constructive opinions and have a vote in low impact decisions
- Author well defined programming tasks, debug own code and document how to test
- Share discoveries and best practices
Other duties as assigned
- +1 Years of experience working as an Associate Software Engineer.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming.
- Beginner to Intermediate Python programming skills.
- Beginner to Intermediate C++ programming skills.
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to be open about work and be driven to learn.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
- Experience working with Design Patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience working in an agile environment.