This position will design and create motion design/animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets.
This position will design and create motion design/animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets. The Associate Designer must be able to conceive, design and execute within our brands as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines. The ability to collaborate with producers, art directors and other designers is essential.
The Associate Designer position falls between Design Apprentice and Designer – whereas apprentices primarily provide assist-type support and are tasked with iterating or expanding on existing setups and assets, the Associate Designer is entrusted to build content from scratch, based on notes and designs from leads, supervisors, and partners, incorporating feedback throughout the approval process and addressing notes to take the projects to the finish line.
While working closely with others on the brands team, producers and other creatives, the Associate Designer gains essential experience and develops an understanding of our process and workflow. Through practice and mentorship, the Associate Designer is given opportunities to strengthen their creative eye, learn visual storytelling, and develop cutting edge technical skills.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Concept, design and execute creative assets in support of our network and corporate partners
- Understand and execute multi-layered deliverables
- Collaborate with fellow craftspeople in Sound Design, Editorial and Design/VFX
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and support creative teams as needed
- Help mentor entry-level talent
- Show originality by providing unique solutions to solve problems with stylistic variety
- Manage personal and project time frames and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- Demonstrate risk taking and innovation and push skills by looking for creative opportunities in each task
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills, particularly After Effects
- Demo reel of current work
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in fast-paced environment, television post-production preferred
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes
- Creative flair for storytelling
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Familiarity with file management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
- Showcase an ability to work autonomously with direction from the partners and mentorship from leads, supervisors, and partners
- Motivation and readiness to take on new challenges and bring creative ideas to the table
- Collaborate effectively, both in person and remotely, and be open to new ideas and workflows
- Ability to quickly adapt and pivot based on project deadlines and partners’ requests
- Willingness to reach out to others to learn and incorporate feedback from edit staff, producers, mentors, and managers
- Ability to recognize opportunities to contribute to the team
- Ability to contribute valuable information towards project workflow guidelines and create/update workflow documents when needed
- Proficient communication and customer service skills – both written and verbal, high attention to detail, and meticulous organization skills
- Identify and communicate training needs with manager to enable consistent and continued growth
- Track project time and details in a timely manner to support the operations team
Qualifications & Experiences...
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to build strong relationships
Not Required but preferred experience...
- BS or BA in design/animation/film or related field
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4d
- 1-2 years of work experience in production for broadcast/streaming, or TV