We are looking for a Concept Designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that defines Lucasfilm.
San Francisco Bay Area
Feb 01, 2023
The Concept Designer will work within the Design Team as part of a broader production network, to create design deliverables for production use.
What you’ll do
- Draw, paint, or sculpt digitally to create 2D design sketches and final illustrations of characters, creatures, sets, props and vehicles. As a mid-level artist, task types will include all of those listed as a well-rounded skill set is required.
- Create deliverables as per the specifications of design department packaging, including fully rendered hero shots as well as detailed callouts and material/texture information.
- Utilize 3D software to create loose sketches of environments, props and vehicles for layout and scale check.
- Work to production deadlines as scheduled by the department production team.
- Meet the Supervising Director and Art Director’s aesthetic requirements on final designs.
What we’re looking for
Portfolio showing the following:
- Detailed knowledge of human and animal anatomy, with example character and costume designs across multiple styles or genres.
- Aesthetic appreciation of composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color.
- Examples of original characters, creatures, sets, props, and vehicles.
- Knowledge of garment tailoring is a plus.
- 3-5 years as a concept artist, preferably within a production studio.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Art or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
- Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop required.
- Working understanding of Autodesk Maya and Zbrush preferred.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of flexibility, collaboration, and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, communication, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Able to effectively problem solve.
- Ability to work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco is $90,200 to $112,800 per year.