Madison Square Garden Entertainment: This is a Nuke compositor role joining the growing MSG Sphere team in early development of technology and content for the MSG Sphere studio in Burbank.
Initially, this artist would come alongside camera innovations and creative development teams to validate both process and ideation. Eventually, this artist will be a part of a larger post-production team creating final content for the MSG Sphere Las Vegas.
What will you do?
- Ideal candidates have an appetite for problem solving and are forward thinking in methodologies
- Interest in being a part of an ambitious, innovative project requiring collaboration and teamwork
- Artists will excel who enjoy the nexus of technology and artistry in the craft of 2D compositing
- Working closely with leadership in post-production, VFX Supervisor, and camera development
- department, this position is ideal for good communicators with a positive attitude
- Compositing team will be stitching shots based on bespoke camera arrays, participating with production to field test production models in post, while developing a unique language for the Sphere with the creative team.
What do you need to succeed?
• Proficiency equivalent to 7+ years of experience working as VFX compositor
• Nuke expertise, with adaptability across other potential 2D software such as Fusion, Silhouette, etc.
• Previous experience stitching for large resolution formats required, including working with Cara
toolset, basic tracking and roto
• An expressed interest in new technology
• Positive attitude and proven track record in problem solving
• Software agnosticism a plus, with some levels of fluency in adjacent software like AfterEffects,
Premiere, PTGui, basic 3D software, a definite bonus