As a (Remote) Community Intern you will be working as part of a team leveraging exciting new and emerging technology with some of the most recognizable sports brands such as Bleacher Report, NBA on TNT, and All Elite Wrestling.
As a (Remote) Community Intern you will be working as part of a team leveraging exciting new and emerging technology with some of the most recognizable sports brands such as Bleacher Report, NBA on TNT, and All Elite Wrestling. Community Interns will report into the Head of Community to learn about, assist in running the day-to-day operations on Discord, and social. This is a unique opportunity to learn first-hand about community, and social media management all the while gaining experience working in world class sports media.
Qualifications & Experience
- An avid interest in new and emerging technology such as Web3.
- A good knowledge of Discord, Twitter, and similar social platforms.
- Has experience in being part of an online community.
- Some experience with social media scheduling tools.
- Some experience with Discord Server creation, and bot management.
- A fan of sports.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Learn, and assist in how to build, and manage a large Discord and Twitter community.
- Be responsible for forging relationships with community and help turn their ideas into reality.
- Assist in crafting copy, and inspiring ideas for social, and learn how to schedule a campaign.
- Community Go-To-Market planning and launching products.
- Coordinating with internal, and external partners for project management.
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an Visa to be considered.
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 11 weeks
- Program dates:
- Start Date: October 2nd
- End Date: December 15th
- Interns will be expected to work 16-24 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from August through mid-September. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.