The Commercial Producer will be responsible for shooting and editing segments for WBTW daily lifestyle show “Living Local Carolina” and helping shoot and edit local commercials.
Mar 28, 2022
Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience is a must.
Additional Job Description:
- Work with graphic designer to produce lifestyle show and commercial graphics that adhere to WBTW formats.
- Collaborate with creative team and sales team to produce videos and digital content that is on-brand and drive results
- Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
- Coordinate production, including working with clients, account executives, agencies, as well as planning location(s), talent, music, voice-over and reserving any other technical pieces (camera’s, vehicles, etc.) needed for project
- Manage video equipment and software needs
- Mentor lifestyle show team members on shooting and editing as needed
- Perform other duties, as directed by management
Requirements & Skills
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or promotion experience, or college degree preferred
- Knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Understanding of marketing and design
- Advanced knowledge of High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
- Non-linear editing expertise
- A passion to stay up-to-date on production trends and continually strive to push boundaries
- Software skills required include Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Prefer experience with After Effects but not essential.
- Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station
- Possess a understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition
- Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment