Knutsford, United Kingdom: TT Games are looking for a Combat Designer with proven experience on console or PC titles, to take on a key role on an exciting new LEGO game based on a major IP.
Oct 19, 2023
TT Games are looking for a Combat Designer with proven experience on console or PC titles, to take on a key role on an exciting new LEGO game based on a major IP.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Under the direction of the Lead Designer, you will design high quality combat systems which support the vision and creative pillars of the game and IP.
- Work with gameplay coders, artists, and animators to create engaging and fun combat systems, features, mechanics, and encounters from concept to final.
- Ensure that the character combat design is distinctive, intuitive, and satisfying and combat strategies are clearly understood by the player.
- Research, analyse, and pitch combat designs and features and liaise with design and other disciplines to ensure they understood and supported in the game
- Define and maintain design documentation, and ensure this is clearly communicated across the team
- Via regular reviews you will iterate on feedback from the Lead & other designers, to meet the agreed quality bar.
- Closely collaborate with other disciplines, (gameplay coders, artists, animation), understanding their role and building a positive relationship to ensure that they are involved in the design process.
- Follow design’s best practice, and ensure your work maintains stability & quality throughout development
- Take part in design reviews, and be willing to take feedback and produce solutions
- Play the game regularly, providing feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Work with the production teams & lead designer to verify that your task estimations are reasonable, communicating on progress and delivering your work to deadlines at quality.
- Encourage a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Proven games design experience in AAA titles, with a title shipped in a combat design position.
- Knowledge of game design with a good understanding of combat and encounter design, balancing, difficulty, progression, feel & usability.
- You should be able to describe the different approaches that create compelling and fun combat encounters in modern games.
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Experience of scripting, ideally in Blueprint
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills
- Experience of games development and shipped at least one action or action/adventure title on console or PC title.
- Ability to take direction and feedback and self-critique.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Can understand and consider technical considerations related to design
- Experience of UE4/ UE5 an advantage