The Creative team is responsible for finding and developing Columbia’s feature film releases and sees projects through pre-production, production, post-production and release. The department works with producers, writers, directors and talent to create critically and commercially viable movies for the studio.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 13, 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. Trainees will work remotely with the potential of working in the office location at a later time.
Duties involve aiding the executive assistants in the department with clerical work, errands, meeting preparation, and additional duties as assigned. Looking for candidates who are passionate about the film industry. Ideal candidates should have experience working in an office environment and/or dealing with customer relations.
- Relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree in Film or an equivalent field of study preferred
- Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented department
- Must be willing to take and follow directions
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Computer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and hard drive formats, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint