Company 3: The Color Assistant helps support colorist hardware; displays, and audio monitoring, that enable colorists to perform efficiently and productively during sessions.
The Color Assistant will be responsible for filling a variety of supporting roles to the colorist and providing support to produce color grading operations from ingest to delivery. Primarily they will learn new processes and maintain proficiency with evolving technical applications and trends with the company workflow. In this position they actively provide support and solutions for the colorist team.
The Color Assistant helps support colorist hardware; displays, and audio monitoring, that enable colorists to perform efficiently and productively during sessions. They will prep incoming projects for next or same day color sessions, render deliverables as per client specifications, and maintain outstanding levels of oversight of deliverables manufactured within the short form/commercials finishing process.
- Drive client supervised sessions: color-grading sessions as directed by colorists and/or Production management.
- Color-trace project updates to all appropriate versions.
- Ensure all required color elements are accounted for such as drop-ins, mattes, and conform references.
- Set up color suites prior to sessions start per project requirements.
- Keep in communication with Production and Operations regarding any outstanding footage needed to complete the project.
- Maintain outstanding levels of deliverables manufactured within the short form finishing process.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are actualized in task management software on a daily basis.
- Employee will be required to be in the weekend on-call rotation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The Color Assistant will bring previous experience in a post-production/studio environment in a technical capacity. They will be using DaVinci Resolve, Baselight and the Adobe Creative Suite. They should be familiar with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS operating systems and feel equally as comfortable using both GUI and command line interfaces for each.
- An aptitude for problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Comfortable performing tasks in a shell (command line) environment
- Familiarity with all common file and tape-based video formats
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of ongoing projects
- Ability to cooperate, contribute, and integrate in a team environment
- Extremely detail oriented
- Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends with little or short notice
- Experience with Resolve, Premier, Final Cut Pro 7, Encoding/Transcoding App. Baselight experience is a plus.
- Experience with secure digital delivery systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook, Google Suite