The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is hiring a Cold Open Associate Producer. The cold open team is responsible for creatively brainstorming and producing compelling video content daily under tight deadlines.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 29, 2022
Following leadership from the supervising producer, the AP is responsible for assisting in that daily production and delivery of these taped segments to begin each night’s show. These short pieces are varied in nature, production timeline and technical format. Role reports to the Supervising Producer.
- Attend daily morning writers meeting and take notes of jokes, topics, and takes on the subjects of the day. Report back to the team to inform direction of pitches.
- Communicate with writers assistants on what the cold(s) are for the day.
- Send scripts to legal, S&P and Sales (if needed).
- Send rough cuts of colds to legal and S&P.
- Research and acquire footage through Getty Images, Shutterstock, YouTube, Google Images, news sites and more.
- Deliver and communicate the various elements to editors throughout the day.
- Assist producer in communicating elements and creative needs to wardrobe, props, graphics, and crew.
- Cast all talent for live action shoots and voiceover actors/actresses and coordinate their recordings.
- Handle all contracts / paperwork for talent cast out of house.
- Act as point person for agents/managers of talent.
- Assist producer in implementing notes from rehearsal on a tight deadline.
- Assist producer in implementing notes given during the show for Post and communicate notes and changes to Post.
- Must be adaptable, with the ability to multitask quickly.
- Ability to collaborate.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Avid and VFX is a plus but not necessary.
- 2+ years in production.
- As part of the commitment to health and safety, The Late Show requires COVID-19 vaccines and COVID-19 booster shot (if eligible according to CDC guidelines) for current employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law.