This is a full-time position with The Late Show. The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is searching for a dynamic and creative leader for the newly created role of Co-EP/Online Content & Strategy.
This is an opportunity to shape and grow creative for the leading show in late night. This role will be charged with building out the strategy for and execution of creative content across all platforms outside of the 11:35p broadcast, including, but not limited to, digital, social media and podcasts. This person will lead development and production across all non-broadcast platforms and work with our partners at ViacomCBS to oversee audience development and analytics.
This person will apply their digital content expertise to build, inspire and manage a team of digital writers and producers to create platform-appropriate content to help grow The Late Show’s brand online, including video views, watch time, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance. This position is based in New York and reports to the showrunner/EP.
- Lead strategic vision and oversee the creative/editorial voice for digital content creation.
- Develop and implement growth and content strategies based on analytics and trends to increase audience reach, engagement and brand relevancy online.
- Lead production of creative content exclusively for The Late Show’s YouTube and social channels, working with writers, producers and bookers. Oversee writing, developing, editing and publishing of content and copy for digital platforms.
- Manage digital team, overseeing digital producers and writers to re-package and promote broadcast segments with daily deadlines, including social media posts, emails, weekly newsletter campaigns and more.
- Work closely with CBS Interactive to coordinate release of in-show content to YouTube and Facebook.
- Coordinate content-planning across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work closely with Talent team to produce original content with guests.
- Spot and respond to emerging trends.
- Ownership of all internal metrics of success, including average view duration and retention.
- Oversee creation of events that originate and live on social media platforms.
- Interact with corporate and legal affairs on possible integrations/sponsorships.
- Manage team of digital producers, writers, APs and PAs, providing structure and organization to the team and consistent, constructive feedback. Lead weekly brainstorms to ensure all members of the team are engaged and contributing to their full potential.
- Experience writing comedy for a major outlet (linear or digital).
- 8+ years creative and production experience on digital comedy platforms.
- Proven track record in creating for and building audience on YouTube and other social platforms, with several channel launches &/or productions to their credit; fluency in YouTube and social best practices is critical.
- Familiarity with major media and TV models.
- Expertise in digital analytics.
- Experience in building and managing high-performing teams and productions.
- Management of department level content budgets, and expertise in producing high quality, cost-efficient content.
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas of management and hiring.
- Well-versed in emerging trends and talent.
- Highly organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent writing/communication skills
- Prolific creative thinker who knows how to work within a brand voice.