WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKE
- Executes and leads camera work on set
- Designs, transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including camera, audio, and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions;
- Manages the raw footage storage after each production: organize files, and upload to the server and Dropbox;
- Leads camera work on set and/or supports other DPs for productions; and
- Attends required production check-in meetings and pre-production creative meetings.
- Develops visual storytelling style
- Through pre-production and production, works with the studio team to further develop our visual style to best support each story;
- Thoughtfully incorporates asset-framing and anti-racist practices into storytelling structures to best represent subjects and further BAYCAT’s mission;
- Regularly monitors industry trends to stay up to date and continue pushing our techniques;
- Participates in team meetings, rough-cut reviews, and client meetings; and
- Facilitates and attends required production check-in meetings.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to interns, apprentices, and/or youth involved with projects you are working on and during professional presentations; and
- Support Studio team with maintaining a network database and finding Black, Indigenous, POC & LGBTQ talent, both in BAYCAT’s alumni pool and within the Bay Area creative community.
- Maintains all equipment to optimal condition and organization; performs preventive maintenance on equipment; arranges for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; updates and monitors equipment database;
- Advises necessary staff on the technical specifications and usage of technical equipment required;
- Regularly reviews equipment needs to ensure Studio and Academy needs are met and that we are staying up to date with industry standards; and
- Makes recommendations to Studio and Academy teams regarding purchases of video equipment; purchases, leases and/or borrows equipment as needed, within specified budgetary limits as advised by the Production Supervisor or Studio Director.
This is a permanent full-time salaried position.
Compensation Range: $70k - $75k + benefits, DOE
Location: This role will be a hybrid virtual and in-person role onsite at our San Francisco, CA location, with the occasional flexibility to work from home.
Must be able to work 40 hours per week. BAYCAT observes a meeting-free Friday and encourages all team members to use Fridays to catch up on work as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Application process and estimated timelines:
6/9/22 → Application closes
6/1/22 - 6/29/22 → Rolling Interview Process (2 rounds + references)
7/6/22 → Final offer made