Chick-fil-A: The Cinematographer/Editor/Motion Graphics Designer role is critical to the IHA team vision, and will fulfill a unique skillset, not yet established on the team.
Their duties will be hybrid in nature encompassing three areas of expertise:
Cinematographer: duties will include assessing scripts, partnering with the creative team and producer, to plan the best production options. He/She should be able to recommend filming angles, lighting options and other techniques to the creative team, and be able to work with the post-production team, to ensure all post needs are accounted for during the shoot. Should be detail-oriented and demonstrate good creative intelligence. Outstanding candidates are easily inspired, have a strong vision and the ability to communicate that vision to the director and crew.
Editor: assemble recorded video/audio footage into finished story matching the Creative's team vision and representing Chick-fil-A as a premium brand. Videos range from :05 and :15 social media assets to :30 TV commercials to :90 .com stories - all customer facing advertising and communications. An eye for detail, sound and visual storytelling and VIS/branding consistency are key for this role.
Motion Graphics Designer: create complex graphics, animation and live video content for various media. Projects include title and post-production work, as well as multimedia campaigns for use in a variety of materials. Videos are published across a variety of outlets like Social Media (9:16, 4:5, 1:1), TV commercials (16:9) as well as content for chick-fil-a.com site (various sizes), so must be able to generate graphics across all platforms and specifications.
- Analyze script, creative elements and story structure, deciding a visual approach in partnership with the creative team
- Lead the team as the DP to ensure all shots and footage are captured flawlessly. Know how to direct the crew to set up the camera, light, and sound to film the scenes. Also know how to work with people’s strengths to bring a team together. While staying calm during high-stress situations, motivate everyone to continue doing their best work and keep the final product in mind
- Source appropriate equipment, lighting gear, etc., and if need be, rent appropriate gear not currently owned. Constantly evaluate and make recommendations for future gear to expand IHA capabilities for future projects, including external agency partner projects.
- Assemble appropriate crew for each project
- Train crew to safely use new and modified equipment
- Scout location(s), and take test shots as proof of concept, when needed
- Work with the post-production team to ensure desired creative outcome is achieved.
- Stay up-to-date with advances in the film industry and attend workshops and training sessions wherever possible.
- Expand networks and maintain relationships with industry professionals.
- Consult production team prior to shoots, foreseeing post-shoot needs ahead of time. Provide point-of-view to the production team to make post-production process smoother
- Assess, understand and anticipate projects needs and specifications as it relates to the complete project
- Review shooting boards and clips as-shot and determine the best approach, takes to tell the most compelling story
- Edit footage segments and put together the sequence of the film. Manipulate and edit video (+audio) in a way that is seamless to the audience
- Consult with production team and stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Coordinate file transfer with Digi-Tech on set and producer
- Work with Digi-Tech to ensure “liked” takes are marked
- Ensure logical sequencing and natural story telling
- Input music based on video cadence, spoken audio, graphics and effects
- Create rough cuts for approval and final cuts for trafficking
- Confirm final deliverable list and manage post work check-ins and final delivery
Motion Graphics Designer:
Execute and deliver high-quality motion graphic animations for social media, paid digital and broadcast assets
• Create 3D motion graphics using existing Chick-fil-A VIS icon and illustration libraries, telling unique product and brand stories across social media, .com, web and more.
• Determine design details for motion graphics projects - audio, video, color, animation, icons, illustration, etc.
• Edit video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
• Create highly engaging complex animations for various media such as smartphones, social media and the web.
• Work with illustrators, designers and creative director to understand the project scope and objectives.
• Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic project.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
• Encode, convert and edit videos… adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
•Design, illustrate and animate Chick-fil-A icons and illustrative scenes that tell stories through unique VIS graphics.
• Keep abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting edge work.
• Collaborate with the agency’s creative and design leads, project managers and production team for all motion graphic related projects
• Stay abreast of best practices in trending motion graphics techniques per social platforms that can extend across traditional media
- 7+ years experience following brand guidelines and VIS for all projects
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects at once without compromising quality
- 7+ years experience with digital technology and pertinent software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro, and the Adobe Creative Suite)
- 7+ years of experience with special effects, 3D and compositing
- 7+ years experience with storytelling skills. Creative visual thinking
- 7+ years experience both giving and follow instructions (The editor must understand the creative team's vision, and execute accordingly)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Superb planning and organization abilities
- Continuously explore new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- A critical eye for detail
- Self-directed, organized and a master at managing multiple projects at once
Required Level of Education
Graphic Design Degree/Film school