Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative Cinematographer to join our video team.
This person will shoot recipe and kitchen-focused videos according to brand standards, work with our food editors, culinary producers and social team to optimize the look of Delish food content and be responsible for some light color and editing work. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment, be capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and will be a problem-solver who is quick on their feet. The ideal candidate will also bring both creative and technical expertise to all projects they work on. This position will report to our Director of Photography. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Location and studio based lighting and filming set ups.
- Determine all gear needed for shoots, working with Director of Photography to draft equipment lists
- Run audio on shoots as needed
- Work with producers to determine aesthetic for shoots, ensuring their creative vision is executed with video and sound
- Be up for small video editing projects as assigned
- Proficient in Cinema and DSLR cameras. Sony knowledge preferred.
- Proficient understanding of lighting equipment including (but not limited to) Arri Sky Panel, Litepanel Astra, Quasars, Kinos, Litemats, Tungsten units
- Proficiency with running audio on set– setting up boom mics and lavaliers for talent
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Familiarity with other Adobe Creative Suite applications, including a strong working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Photoshop a plus
- Familiarity with audio mixing and color grading/correction
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Film/Art/Photography
- 3 years minimum experience in production and shooting
- Solid technical camera operating skills
- Skilled in lighting multiple setups: 3-point lighting, seamless lighting, product lighting
- Excellent editing skills and time management capabilities
- Solid understanding of story structure and episodic formats
- Ideal candidate will be tech savvy and knowledgeable about up-and-coming aspects of film and video production
- Can carry 50 lbs of equipment
- Expert communication, organization and problem-solving skills
MUST SUBMIT REEL OF VISUAL WORK FOR CONSIDERATION
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 and $70,000.