WFFF-TV and WVNY-TV, the FOX and ABC affiliates covering Vermont, Northern New York, and Southern New Hampshire, are looking for a Chief Photographer. The Chief Photographer oversees the day-to-day operations of the Photography division and is responsible for the maintenance of all photography technology and equipment at the station.
Jun 30, 2023
WFFF-TV and WVNY-TV, the FOX and ABC affiliates covering Vermont, Northern New York, and Southern New Hampshire, are looking for a Chief Photographer.
The Chief Photographer oversees the day-to-day operations of the Photography division and is responsible for the maintenance of all photography technology and equipment at the station.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the Photography division
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and contributes to performance evaluations for the photographers
- Maintains all photography technology and equipment for the station
- Manages the photographer staff, including coaching and development
- Assists with assigning projects to staff and ensures that logistics and shot requirements meet established standards
- Performs photographer duties as required by business demands, including setting up, composing and executing video shots
- Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance is preferred.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with video recording equipment and camera technology
- Experience with satellite trucks is preferred but not required. Will need to train on operation.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting and operating video recording equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously