Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Character Designer to join the Sesame Workshop’s Brand Creative team to work with iconic Sesame Street Muppets and new IP.
Greater New York City Area
Jun 09, 2022
Looking for an illustrator with excellent drawing skills, with a great design sense and can tell a visual story. Reports to Character Design Art Director.
- Maintain integrity and look of Sesame Street Muppet characters and other Sesame Workshop properties for 2D & 3D applications across all media.
- Develop character art, backgrounds, icons, design elements for style guides, art supplements, and special projects for licensees and partners.
- Make corrections and tweaks to digital vector artwork, and final file preparation and production
- Illustrating turn around structural model sheets of characters.
- Creative thinking, visual problem solving, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Work closely with design team for character design posing ideas and final art for style guides, promotional materials and presentation boards to support the consumer products
- Skilled in composition, proportion, color, perspective, and understanding of how things fit into a space as relates to the background and typography.
- Working knowledge of character animation
- Character Expertise: Must be able to draw character art based on knowledge of internal structure of a character and personality, not just tracing.
- Must be able to draw in variations of art styles. Cannot just have one style ability.
- Must bring a level of excellence and brand consistency for Sesame Street character art.
- Ability to make creative and brand judgments while ensuring superior quality of creative productions
- Strong follow through on assignments and open issues. Be proactive and anticipating potential issues.
- Effectively respond to pressure or crisis situations and act professionally, use resources well.
- Follow through on ideas, assignments, and open issues.
- Knowledge of 3D art files in support of animated properties
- Flexibility/Adaptability- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups. Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change.
- Excellent drawing and drafting skills.
- Must be able to take rough drawings (from themselves and other artists) and convert to final vector art.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong follow through.
- Team oriented and cooperative – able to help support department as needed.
- Great flexibility and able to handle multi-tasks, works well under pressure and
- deadlines, prioritize.
- Able to work independently and with others.
- Show initiative and be proactive in planning and anticipating potential issues
- Professional attitude and approach.
- Mastery of Adobe design programs: Illustrator, Photoshop
- Knowledge of best practices when finalizing art: Using correct Pantone colors, closing shapes, avoiding tangents, etc.