We’re looking for experienced Character Designers who have a rich imagination, a sense of whimsy and appeal, and solid volumetric drawing abilities.
Greater Los Angeles Area
An understanding of color, shape, and anatomy are also key skills needed to breathe life into our characters. We want designers who will bring fresh and unexpected viewpoints to our work and our workplace. We encourage and embrace original thinking and passion to enhance and contribute to our artistic legacy of animated appeal.
- Design characters based on the director’s vision
- Execute detailed character technical drawings to expedite collaboration with other departments in the pipeline
- Collaborate with and address notes from a Supervising Artist in completion of all assignments
- Proactively engage and collaborate with the Walt Disney Animation Studios Art Department
- Attend and contribute to Art Department Meetings
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- At least 4 years of studio professional experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- To apply for this position you must include a portfolio and resume.
Portfolios Should Include:
- Character designs in a range of styles and archetypes, all with specific and clear personality and appeal
- Drawings of character moments and relationships
- Observational sketches & studies
- Work that demonstrates an understanding of acting, observation, volume, anatomy, staging, and movement
- If any of your work is password protected, please include the password with your application