FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have opportunities at our studio for an experienced CG Supervisor with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apr 26, 2023
A CG Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of 3D artists and managing the quality and continuity of the 3D work on a show. The CG Supervisor also works closely with the VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and Compositing Supervisor to communicate and delegate the 3D needs of the show to the team as well as represents the voice of the 3D team.
- The CG Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to communicate and delegate the 3D needs of the show to the team as well as represents the voice of the 3D team with respect to workload and pipeline environment.
- CG Supervisor should manage or assist in shot assignments. They should maintain an awareness of the team and know the relative strengths and weaknesses of the artists.
- Oversee and comfortable working on all tasks associated with the compositing process, including animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, tracking and compositing.
- Adept at providing articulate, helpful feedback to in-house artists
- Responsible for problem solving and communicating issues at the technical level.
- Interface with other departments to ensure the seamless combination of work from other disciplines, such as communicating with Nuke Compositors and Comp Supervisors regularly.
- Sharp organizational skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- In the absence of the VFX Supervisor, the CG Supervisor assists in budgeting, interprets client notes, and gives notes to artist to complete shots
- CG Supervisor maintains knowledge of status of all shots and monitors progress both creatively and budgetary.
- Depending on the size and nature of the project, the CG Supervisor may be called in to be a Lead Artist, perform R&D and look-dev, and build shot templates.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly aesthetic and highly technical quality work, while encouraging those around you to the same standards.
Traits of a successful CG Supervisor:
- Strong technical knowledge of various aspects of CG at an expert level.
- Critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate visual aspects to the team.
- Ability to provide creative and artistic solutions, as well as technical thoughts and ideas to cg challenges.
- Experience in project management and is able to balance quality with time constraints.
- Possess strong technical and leadership capabilities, with the ability to train teams of 3D artists.
- On-set supervision experience is helpful, but not required.
- Working knowledge of the following programs:
- Maya, 3DS Max
- Vray, Redshift, Clarisse
- Zbrush, Mudbox
- Substance Painter/Designer, Mari
- 3DEqualizer or Syntheyes
- ptGui, Agisoft Photoscan, Reality Capture