Works directly for Film Chef, in order to assist in all film catering activities, assisting in menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
Greater Atlanta Area
May 09, 2022
Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Essential Job Functions:
- To plan, inspect and execute a well thought out plan to ensure smooth service. Working tirelessly to maintain quality in food, sanitation, safety in work environment.
- Actively promote and exhibit enthusiasm in the work place.
- Be a spokesperson for what we do.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients to ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reductions and manage budgetary concerns.
- Properly utilizes left over stock and batch cooks as needed to preserve integrity of food and to keep it as fresh as possible.
- Adheres to all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality, sanitary cooking conditions, and only accepts the appropriate way to safe food handling.
- Works with production team to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Promote safety and security of co-workers, guests, building and assets utilizing procedures and policies developed by Hanna Brothers Georgia Enterprises.
- Demonstrate Continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless team-oriented guest service.
- Provides “WOW” guest service & “WOW” food quality to our clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in food preparation, “soups & sauces, starches, vegetables, all proteins, to include fish, chicken, beef etc.,” proper service temperatures and holding temperatures of all prepared foods, knowledge of butchery and fish cutting, knowledge of baking and pastry production, knowledge of all cooking methods such as roasting, stewing, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Formal Culinary Training, previous High volume Banquet/Catering experience preferred. Extensive food and beverage knowledge, Restaurant Industry knowledge, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, knowledge of restaurant regulations, leadership, management, positivity, ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, creative problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, exceptional customer-service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain unflappable, meet timelines, maintain professional appearance and attitude, work varied hours/days, take initiative, be self-motivated and perform at an independent, accountable, and dependable level. Ability to communicate in person in a one-to-one setting, work closely within a team environment to ensure the smooth running of the food and beverage operation. Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a day to day basis.
- Minimum of 5 years in a high volume banquet production; multi-outlets, Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
- Able to expedite service and stay organized in a high volume multi-faceted operation, which includes catering and a busy restaurant, highly focused on quality and sense of urgency, working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering.
- Able to delegate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience.
- Must possess excellent organizational and administrative skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair.
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of the operation.
- High energy.
- Serve-safe Certified
- Culinary Degree
- Large repertoire of cuisines.
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software.