As an integral part of the Broadcast Production team, the Category Producer is responsible for developing and communicating presentation strategies that drive engagement in order to drive sales.
As an integral part of the Broadcast Production team, the Category Producer is responsible for developing and communicating presentation strategies that drive engagement in order to drive sales. In this role, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Category Production, you will work with key internal and external partners to curate relevant messaging, features, stories, content, demonstrations and best practices for an assigned category. This includes developing the strategy for TSVs, brands, shows and items for our Video Commerce platforms.
Who We Are
The Category Production team is made up of Category Producers and Associate Category Producers, a long-lead production group that develops the strategy and execution plans for the Video Commerce platforms at QVC. This team is responsible for bringing products and brands to life by creating the most authentic, compelling, and educational presentation to ensure the QVC customer stays informed and engaged. Using multi-dimensional business knowledge, the Category Production team determines the best category, brand, show and product strategies to deliver business results.
- You will drive viewer engagement and sales goals by leveraging previously successful best practices and techniques, identifying new methods and plans that drive results for assigned category.
- You will leverage Category Production expertise, to develop and communicate the Production Plan to a variety of teams.
- Analyze trends/data/information and influence the improvement of viewership metrics for a show, category, brand or item.
- Considering both Sales & Viewership data, determine the best practices (including demos) for category, brands and items.
- Collaborate and align with key internal partners and externally with vendors and guests to develop & implement presentation strategies.
- Communicate protocol, standards and guidelines, in addition to clear direction and expectations for presentation execution to the vendor and guest community.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in merchandising/marketing/digital/broadcasting/ communication/sales or equivalent business experience required
- 5+ years directly related years' experience in broadcasting, multichannel retailing, or merchandising environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Ability to work remotely or in a hybrid remote/office environment
- Tableau, Dalet, Source History, Broadcast PAL, Script Review, PeRC, Buyer/Guest Management, Weekly Program Guide, One Note, TSV Checklist, Product and Show Blueprints preferred.
- Demonstrated development with presentation of business strategy and experience managing large scale projects across multiple lines of the business