The School of Visual Arts: Responsibilities will include assisting the Casting Coordinator with the day-to-day tasks of the Casting Office which books and recruits talent for numerous academic instructors, as well as providing administrative support to the Model Registry.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 09, 2022
This position will assist both offices within the SVA Talent Registry. Responsibilities will include assisting the Casting Coordinator with the day-to-day tasks of the Casting Office which books and recruits talent for numerous academic instructors, as well as providing administrative support to the Model Registry. This position will work with both Casting and Model Registry offices to provide talent utilized in animation, film and production classes (Casting), as well as talent utilized in in fine art and photography classes (Model Registry). The goal is to provide an inspiring classroom experience as required by the students and faculty of the School of Visual Arts. Requires sensitivity and appropriate handling of confidential information, as well as a professional, proactive and organized approach to the responsibilities outlined below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the scheduling of actors and models for a large volume of classes per week based on instructor requirements, as well as student and instructor projects
- Answer phones, take messages and handle inquiries from instructors, talent (models/actors/dancers) and students
- Contact instructors, students and talent regarding assignments and class needs
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of qualified independent contractors available to cover SVA’s needs
- Maintain a detailed FileMaker Pro database which includes course, booking, instructor and contractor information
- Assist with payment of contractor invoices including check distribution and direct deposit.
- Collect and analyze contractor reviews to facilitate booking the most appropriate person for each assignment
- Work with students and faculty to assist with the casting process for student films and projects
- Other related duties as assigned
- College preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse group of people with poise and maturity
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, MS Word, Excel (Mac Platform).