We are looking for a Casting & Locations Associate whose primary job is to find talented actors in the Los Angeles area that can deliver high level performances for our short films.
This individual will find actors through posting breakdowns on Breakdown Services, LA Casting, and by contacting Agencies in LA to find the best possible talent to submit to our projects. The Casting Associate will request audition tapes, review self tape submissions, and present recommendations as to who should be cast to the Casting Manager. The ideal candidate has already established a profile on LA Casting and Breakdown Services and is experienced in communicating with agencies. Good casting is crucial to making characters credible on-screen and is fundamentally important to the success of our videos.
In addition, this individual will have experience finding locations through Giggster, Peerspace, and other location platforms when the script requires a location that our Dhar Mann Studios sets do not have.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Finding high caliber actors that can deliver credible emotional performances through Casting Network Platforms or personal network
- Requesting audition tapes from actors applying for each role
- Choosing the best possible talent and then presenting recommendations as to who should be cast to the Casting Manager
- Providing last minute emergency solutions in case an actor is needed to fill a role immediately
- Understanding union/non-union rules and any applicable laws pertaining to film and casting, as well as knowing rules pertaining to casting children
- Maintaining strong relationships with the local acting community and talent agencies throughout LA
- Any other duties to support organization and the overall casting process
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A minimum of 2 years working within the film industry as a Casting professional
- Able to effectively oversee various tasks/subsections of the casting process with minimal oversight
- Personal network of actors with a strong understanding of applicable rules/laws as they pertain to casting and any legal requirements
- Knowledge of union vs. non-union responsibilities
- Knowledge of child labor laws in case children are casted
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends and come up with solutions when emergencies arise
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
The Casting and Locations Associate will report directly to the Casting and Locations Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
Currently, the Casting and Locations Associate has no personnel reporting directly to him or her
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
Monday - Friday full-time with a flexible schedule, will be discussed during interview
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set.