ABC Entertainment is seeking a Casting Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume atmosphere.
Based in New York, this role will administratively assist the Casting team with various casting projects, department initiatives, and our annual Disney Television Discovers: Talent Showcase.
- Provides support for New York Casting Team – VP, Director, and Manager for ABC Entertainment
- Help manage high volume scheduling and calendar for the New York team—casting sessions, initiatives, and Talent Showcase
- Develops and maintains databases, distribution lists, mailing lists and filing system
- Administratively track, report and update show coverage lists
- Handle talent agency, management, and casting contact lists and correspondence
- Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Edit and upload actor materials such as auditions, demos, etc via Cast-It, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Quicktime
- Ability to work well with executives, staff members, talent, talent representatives, and visitors
- Prepare presentations for internal/external meetings
- Handle high-volume number of phone calls (when return to office)
- Collaborate and contribute on talent outreach meetings, memos, and events
- One or more years supporting an executive in an administrative capacity in casting, talent agency, management company, or a network/studio
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A familiarity with YouTube, Vimeo, Hightail, and other video sharing sites
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate overtime as needed
- Experience building and maintaining filing systems and organizing and maintaining large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in a team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates proactive problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to function in a demanding environment with competing and changing priorities
- Ability to recognize a need and take ownership of its completion
- Ability to work as a team player within the department and assist other executives and assistants when needed
- Appreciation for talent and the desire to get to know their work by going to theater, comedy clubs, showcases, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and passion for casting
- Strong proficiency with Zoom
- Knowledge and mastery of SAP and its various functions ranging from eSource to expense reports
- Proficiency with Breakdown Express/Eco Cast, Cast It, and IMDBPro
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, with a strong interest in entertainment and Casting
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.