The Casting Assistant is an entry level position whose primary job is to support Casting Directors with all aspects of their casting responsibilities as well as collaborating with talent, production, and agencies.
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 16, 2022
The Casting Assistant will also become acquainted with the constantly changing and time-pressured daily goals of providing background performers for a spectrum of leading television shows and feature films. The Day Casting Assistant will be trained in all aspects of casting and be prepared to transition into the role of an Associate Casting Director.
- Handle a high volume of calls without difficulty, responding quickly to client and Background Actor needs, take messages, transfer calls and general inquiry.
- Support Casting Directors by pulling photos by accurate description for clients, calling, emailing and/or texting details, call time changes, checking background availability, setting up Covid tests, fittings, and interviews.
- Communicate and notate Background Actor cancellations and make replacements as advised by production or Casting Director.
- Assist in Visiting as scheduled, a Q&A session with Casting Directors and Background Actors
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with casting teams ensuring client success.
- Make effective use of all available resources when given a project.
- Gain knowledge of union contracts and adult and child labor laws.
- Accurately process Cast Clearances, Taft Hartley paperwork and Occurrence Reports.
- Work effectively across a variety of communication channels: in-person, phone, email, and live-chat.
- Create and retrieve documents and files when requested.
- Elevate and report attendance and/or behavioral or client service issues.
- Participate in team and staff meetings and produce weekly status reports.
- Attend production meetings and set visits with Casting Director as needed.
- Observe and learn all aspects of casting in preparation of becoming an Associate Casting Director.
- Become proficient and knowledgeable with production paperwork – call sheets, one-liners, extras breakdowns, etc.
- Become skilled with all office systems including but not limited to phones, casting programs, computers, etc.
- Cast projects as assigned under supervision of a Casting Director and/or Management.
- Make deliveries and pick-ups as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Customer service experience highly desirable.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment preferred.
- Casting experience preferred. Film/television industry experience a plus.
- General knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Excellent client service / people skills- ability to work with many different personality types.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when working with clients and teammates.
- Excellent typing skills, reflecting speed and accuracy.
- Quickly grasps new concepts and ideas and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced and noisy office environment.
- Effective solution-based problem-solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritization of tasks as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word & Excel, Power Point, MS Team and Zoom.
- Proven record of dependability and reliability.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to work overtime as required by business needs.
- Supporter of company goals, values, and procedures.
- Must have reliable independent transportation