Hearst Autos is looking for a Social Editor who can manage all of Car and Driver’s diverse social media platforms as well as thoughtfully engage the community.
The Social Editor will be responsible for content collection, creation, and dispersal across the proper social channels. They will maintain Car and Driver’s voice across all platforms and work closely with the Senior Content Strategist on social strategy, best practices, algorithm updates, and much more in order for each social platform to thrive.
This candidate should have experience managing social audiences and producing creative social content, while having a passion for all things automotive. They should also have knowledge of social media scheduling tools, such as SocialFlow and DashHudson and be able to interpret data and create social reports.
This position will report to the Senior Content Strategist for Hearst Autos.
What You'll Do:
- Spearhead and prepare all organic social media efforts and community management across Car and Driver’s social media platforms
- Generate, collect, and organize content for our various social channels
- Utilize social platforms and tools to maximize growth, while maintaining the brand's voice
- Create and present monthly organic social media reports
- Take action steps for continuous improvement across social hubs
- Work with the Senior Content Strategist on social strategy, algorithm updates, content generation, social reports, and more
- Collaborate with branded content and partnership teams to produce, edit, and execute paid programs and promote Hearst Autos events
- Maintain documents that track progress across specific social channels
Who You Are:
- Preferred 2+ years of experience working with social media or other content distribution for a media brand
- Knowledgeable and passionate about cars
- Possess an awareness, interest, and understanding of current events in the automotive industry
- Someone who loves tracking and trying the newest social trends
- Organized, meticulous, and able to handle multiple projects at once
- A highly motivated worker who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Able to work nights and weekends as needed