Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and well-rounded media artist to join our Blizzard Video team.
Blizzard Video is a division of the award-winning Story and Franchise Development team. Our mission is to support marketing and communications efforts through the development of epic digital content designed to inform, entertain, and engage Blizzard’s community and players everywhere.
We are looking for a creative and tech minded media artist to support the Blizzard Video Team. The ideal candidate is a person with an artistic eye, who can leverage game engines while incorporating Blizzard Entertainment style to create a wide range of engaging media content. Additionally, this artist must be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage multiple overlapping deadlines.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Capture gameplay footage and screenshots for a variety of different projects
- Lead group capture sessions and/or assist other artists in capturing media assets for each of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs
- Utilize game engine and game editor to maximize capture capabilities in dynamic and compelling ways
- Collaborate with project directors and video editors in projects
- Experience and knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Flexible in learning existing and new capture hardware and software
- Able to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Understanding of shot composition, lighting, and framing
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of media editing software such as, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, (or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game engines or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience in 3D modeling, animation, and/or modding games
- Interest in photography and cinematography
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.