Disney Live Entertainment Costuming is seeking CAD Operators who will be instrumental in developing new costumes.
Disney Live Entertainment Costuming is seeking CAD Operators who will be instrumental in developing new costumes. This role will work closely with Costume Designers, Costumers, and Costume Development & Implementation Managers to ensure the garments meet both creative and functional intent. The CAD Operator will also work on replenishment patterns and documentation as replacement garments are produced. This is a seasonal position with no guarantee of regular hours.
You will report to the Area Manager, Costume Production.
- Support the manufacturing of costumes for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Operate Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment to produce production patterns and markers
- Answer vendor questions about construction and may also complete measurements of sample garments to ensure production has been completed in accordance with the tech pack
- Create and maintain electronic documentation of patterns, markers, grading, and related annotations
- Create tech packs from finished sample garment, containing all instructions needed for either internal or external production
- Create and maintain production planning schedule
You Will Have:
- 1+ years experience with garment CAD systems, specifically Gerber software
- 1+ years’ experience in garment patternmaking
- Experience in garment marker making and grading
- Experience garment technical sketches
- Experience in garment/costume photo editing
- Experience with Windows
- Experience in communicating with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience with handling confidential information and difficult situations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in apparel/fashion or theatrical garment construction
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel/fashion or theatrical garment construction
This position is located in Anaheim, CA.
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim, CA is $21.25 to $25.36 per hour.