QVC is seeking a dynamic and passionate intern to support our state-of-the-art Lighting Department in West Chester!
Who We Are
The Lighting department as a whole is in charge of making sure that the lighting for all the sets is accurate and is working properly, that power is properly set up for products, and that other departments are trained in using lighting equipment such as lighting consoles and construction lifts.
The Lighting team is composed of Lighting Designers and Lighting Engineers. The Lighting Designers are in charge of how the lighting looks and the Lighting Engineers are in charge of how the lighting works.
The Lighting Designers maintain all static lighting looks, create lighting looks for new or specialty shows, and assist with Skype test check ins. The designers also assist with Content and Integrated Productions either with lighting or as camera ops.
Lighting Design Responsibilities
- Learn basic television lighting design concepts
- Lighting console programming checks on sets
- Set check assists.
- Lighting design and plot update assists.
Lighting Engineering Responsibilities
- Assist with preventative maintenance items
- Assist in lighting repairs
- Assist in equipment tests and evaluation
- Provide support for the entire lighting team through regular hands-on work in the studio.
- On-set cable cleanup
- Conduct inventory checks of expendable items (gel, gaff tape, etc)
- Organize and clean lighting shop
- Attend “Walk-a-mile” sessions with other production departments
What You Bring
- Currently enrolled in a degree program for film production, theater, media studies, communication or related field.
- Desire to pursue a career in Lighting.
- Basic knowledge of various lighting fixtures and effects and their applications.
- Basic knowledge of television and entertainment lighting and color temperature.
- Basic knowledge in the areas of lighting dimmers, LEDs, DMX control signals, intelligent lighting, electronics and electricity is a plus.
- High level of personal maturity and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with team members at different levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and correct grammar usage.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work 9am to 5pm, 5 days a week; Monday to Friday with some flexibility.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.