BROADCAST DIRECTOR (Full Time Regular): Are you a creative and technically proficient Television Director? The primary focus of this role will be in Directing and assisting with Pre/Post production of a daily Lifestyle/Cooking show.
Live Event / On Location Services
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Oct 10, 2023
BROADCAST DIRECTOR (Full Time Regular): Are you a creative and technically proficient Television Director? Do you have the desire to collaborate with passionate and accomplished professionals in the field? If so, Tampa Bay’s #1 news station has a unique opportunity for an experienced Broadcast Director. The primary focus of this role will be in Directing and assisting with Pre/Post production of a daily Lifestyle/Cooking show. Additionally, this role will be responsible for Directing newscasts, mixing shows and Floor Directing.
- Direct daily Lifestyle/Cooking show, Newscasts and special events utilizing Sony ELC, and the Sony MVS 8000 switcher
- Work with the Creative Services Department daily in the planning and postproduction of broadcasts.
- While Directing, you will utilize Robotic Cameras, graphics systems, and Playout Servers
- Mix broadcasts utilizing our audio console.
- Provide support to our on-air staff by Floor Directing newscasts. Additional studio operations duties include operating our Studio Jib Camera and confirming basic lighting setups.
- Understand the importance of quality control, and communication with all relevant departments in instances of system, or workflow issues.
- Assist in setting up segments on set
- The qualified candidate will be able to work various shifts including overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Director/T.D. in commercial television with heavy emphasis on fast-paced newscasts preferred.
- Automation experience preferred.