WGRZ-TV, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Broadcast Director. The primary responsibility of this position is directing daily newscasts and other local programs, utilizing both production automation and manual switching operations.
Live Event / On Location Services
Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
Dec 15, 2022
The Director will work closely with our news, production and technical team to produce fast-paced, compelling and comprehensive newscasts & programs. We are looking for someone to bring forward-thinking production ideas, strong technical knowledge and the ability to manage quality control at a high level. In addition, the candidate must also be familiar with all studio operations, including floor directing, camera operation, teleprompter, graphics creation, audio, lighting, non-linear editing, content management systems and master control systems
- Direct daily live newscasts and recorded shows using both automation and manual switching.
- Oversee the overall look of newscasts and on-air programming.
- Troubleshooting technical systems when required.
- Use non-linear editing and content management systems for programming, commercial and digital content creation.
- Other production department duties as assigned.
- Experience with production automation, video switchers, newsroom computer systems, video servers, and graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond effectively for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with multiple departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or TV Production or related degree preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.