11Alive is looking for a creative and experienced Breaking News Producer who will also write content for our streaming platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 10, 2022
This person will work collaboratively with the shows’ Senior Executive Producer, Executive Producer, and Executive Producer of Streaming to aggressively update breaking news throughout our newscasts.
This person will also execute breaking news coverage online, help produce specials for our streaming show and help reporters develop their stories.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver with strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively. Also, they should be able to effectively manage, motivate and mentor team members.
- Deliver breaking news with the newest information on-air and online in an accurate manner
- Oversee the format/structure of breaking news on-air and online
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as needed
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 3 years line producing experience
- Strong editorial/journalistic judgement
- Driven, organized leader who can articulate show vision each day
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.