As a Booking Researcher, you will work as part of NBC News’ News Booking Unit, responsible for booking guests across NBC’s streaming news network, NBC News Now.
Greater New York City Area
Sep 14, 2022
The Booking researcher position is a Sunday through Thursday position supporting the News Now daily dayside programming Monday through Friday. As a booking researcher, you will work to secure breaking news guests for News Now and liaise directly with show runners for the afternoon programming. The position is a fast-paced job, requiring excellent news judgment, and an eagerness to find the most compelling guests to break news to our viewers every day. You will work closely with senior News Now leadership and develop talent relationships to better enhance guest pitches for the broadcast. This position will also support network bookings on across TODAY, Nightly News, and Special Reports.
- Will be working on short-term and long-term bookings across the multiple platforms of NBC News.
- Expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
- Will be working with the production team for all travel logistics for the guests as well as arranging pre-interviews with segments producers.
- Coordinating and giving direction to all bookers in the field, often times during breaking news.
- Responsible for compiling and sending out our daily booking note which details all booking efforts and secured guests.
- Organizing and supporting the handover for rest of Now booking team
- Must have 1 year of experience working in production or booking at the network level.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Schedules will be our overnight booking researcher, starting around 5 PM ET and working into the early morning. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
- Must be willing to travel with little notice, and for extended periods.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must enjoy channel surfing morning news programs with your coffee/breakfast.
- Gets chills from the “Good Evening” first line on evening news broadcasts.
- Appreciates a New York Post front page pun.
- Likes to power read morning media newsletters like New York Times, Buzzfeed and/or Politico.
- Must be ok with rejection, even when you want to crawl under your desk
- Enjoys creating Google/Twitter alerts for topics of interest
- Likes to hit Wikipedia or Google search for background information on people you read about on or in the news.
- Feels extreme excitement over an exclusive graphic, especially when it is on an interview the team booked
- Understands how to work with people in serious, sometimes competitive, subject matters.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events