MSNBC is hiring a booking PA to support the MSNBC Reports shows.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious person who loves working with high-profile guests, meeting new people with enthusiasm, and learning a new, valued television journalism skill in a real-time news environment. Applicants should have a passion for journalism and a curiosity for all news beats, who wants to be trained by the best-in-the-business cable news booking team to be future leaders in our newsroom and for our shows.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East
- Work with MSNBC news programs to greet guests for our cable news programs, moving them into our facilities, to our sets and then making sure they have a great on-air experience.
- Work for network booking leaders to develop and deploy booking plans for special events.
- Do real-time booking during breaking news events.
- Backup show bookers and booking associate producers during vacation days and leaves.
- Pitch guest ideas to booking leaders and show producers on the most important news stories of the day.
- Demonstrated writing skills and knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Strong research skills and news judgment.
- Good phone skills.
- Excels under deadline pressure.
- Loves creative thinking and problem solving.
- A true ‘people person’ who enjoys meeting new people and building relationships that benefit the overall news organization.
- Familiarity with social media tools for research and guest booking
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Previous internship or exposure to work in a newsroom at any level.
- College degree