MSNBC is looking for an experienced Booking Producer for Jen Psaki’s show on Peacock.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 25, 2022
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
- Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests.
- Arrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
- Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas.
- Works with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in high-level interview planning, research preparation and guest tracking.
- Sound journalistic and news judgment, political experience and strong writing skills.
- Strong Rolodex.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit grace under pressure in a breaking news environment.
- Meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Team player who is a self-starter and can troubleshoot logistical issues.
- Creative thinker who brings new ideas to news stories.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.