CBS WCCO-TV is looking for a hard working multifaceted editorial Booker/News Planning Editor to coordinate and handle WCCO/CBSN Minnesota guest bookings.
A passion for Minnesota issues, news, and culture is a must for daily coverage, breaking news as well as long-term planning. You understand the impact local media has in our own backyard in bringing diverse local issues that are important to our viewers and neighborhood newsmakers.
What separates you from the crowd as a good listener, helps to build community, prioritize in making sure the issues are not ignored or misrepresented. A diverse and robust rolodex is necessary for success in this role. You will own the booking of newsmakers and other guest requests for our slate of WCCO newscasts as well as digital programs on CBSN Minnesota and WCCO.com. If you love to collaborate with a great team of managers, anchors and producers to amplify content, then we are looking for you!
- Pitching segment ideas for guests that viewers will find compelling, unique, and interesting
- Conducting research and pre-interviews with guests, writing summary notes and questions interview prep, monitor production for accuracy and impact, and follow up with guests
- Booking guests for daily live-show deadlines
- Working collaboratively and routinely with the managers and producers to streamline the booking process, prevent overlapping requests, and maximize audience reach
- Support the creation and management of a centralized booking system and database
- Consistently exhibit strong news judgement, maintain standards and practices guidelines, and forecast editorial direction
- Support a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and a growth mindset
- Proactively supporting a healthy newsroom culture with high performance and quality commitments
Preferred education, experience and certification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of producing, reporting or desk experience in television news, production, or digital outlets
- Deep network of connections with experts, newsmakers and their representatives
- Experience in all areas of TV production, including familiarity with control room operations, booking, field producing
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Must possess strong news judgment
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to multitask, prioritize projects, stay calm under pressure and respond constructively to feedback
- Must be able to work in the Twin Cities metro