CUMULUS MEDIA | Westwood One Sports based in Los Angeles/Culver City, CA is currently seeking applicants for Part time Board Operators/Production Assistants for work on live sports play by play broadcasts as well as audio recording, editing and dissemination during and after live event broadcasts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 27, 2022
The studio production assistant works closely with the play by play event producers to ensure a flawless audio production.
- Operates control board for studio and remote sports programming
- Regulates program timing for NFL and College sports, plays commercials and monitors the technical quality of incoming and outgoing on air programming from master control studio
- Handles basic audio editing and loading of other show elements for playback during sports broadcasts
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and alerts engineering staff of any technical issues affecting the quality of the game broadcasts.
- Edit game highlights for use on live sports broadcasts
- Work with Executive Producer on various production needs including editing and real time adjustments specific to each broadcast.
- Minimum of 2 years running a control board for major sports franchises
- Previous production experience preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- Familiar with SAS digital control board operation
- Familiar with ENCO, OpEX or other broadcast operating systems
- Time management and attention to detail
- Functions well in a fast paced, live broadcast environment with tight timeframes, multiple demands and fluid and evolving rea time adjustments.
- Team player with basic sports knowledge a must
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions