Creates and executes production and content of on-air shows, ensuring a high-quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the control board, screen callers and coordinate digital and social media content production.
- Responsible for operation of the control board, directing the content flow and execution of all audio elements within the program.
- Production of daily show promos, weekly “Best-Of” programming, commercials, liners, syndicated material and other on-air elements.
- Responsible for editing and posting show material for on-demand listening to the station website, assisting show host(s) and station with social media postings, creation of occasional written content for station website.
- Brainstorms creative ideas with show host and/or Program Director.
- Directs on-air talent.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree preferred but is not required; one year experience and/or training in audio console operation. Experience with Wide Orbit a plus, but not required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a mixing console, digital audio recorder, and audio-processing equipment (digital or analog).
- Computer proficient.
- Ability to work long hours during weekdays, weekends and overnights.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at once.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms for production equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; control and production rooms are nonsmoking.